Sunday, November 8, 2015

Oasis Falafel





























Leader by Bayan

Last Friday I had a plan to have lunch in one of my favorite restaurant with my friends. We went together after  last class, and I told my friends that I know the direction to go there, so we don’t need to use google map. In fact, if they used google map, they are going to save more time:). After we show up in Oasis, my friends were really excited to try kind of Arab food. The restraint is small, and the design is not creative. They wrote a menu in a wall, so we stand up in front of the menu, and we tried to define some of the dishes. After a while, the man who works in restaurant helped us to clarify the menu. Everybody chose two dishes,  then we shared them among us. I was eager for their opinion about Arab food. I was very glad hearing  from them that food was delicious. Finally, we spent a good time together.


Reviewer by Eugene

This Friday , my group and I went to the restaurant is called Oasis which is a nice restaurant. They offer a lot of Middle Eastern food, such as Falafel , Hummus or Madjadra. Actually, this is my first time to try these food,so i’m really excited about to go to the Oasis. When we went in there, the restaurant is not big , but you can feel their atmosphere is different from other restaurant. Moreover, there are a lot of people coming and going, almost the restaurant is no vacancies, so you can see how a nice restaurant which people want to come.  Because of the menu is show a lot of Middle Eastern food which I have never seen before, so my group spend some time to figure out also the clerk who is friendly and explained the menu to us , however, I think the restaurant need to show some picture on the menu because it is easy to know what kind of food should people want to try or understand what the food looks like. After that, our food was coming, all of my group are order different dish and we share together. The most delicious food I think is falafel which is a deep fried ball, and it’s a traditional Middle Eastern food. In addition , the hummus also good which looks like a cream. All of my group love falafel and hummus. Next time I will come back again because I'm fall in love with the falafel.  


Expert by Toshi

November 6 Friday, we went to the Arabic restaurant whose name is Oasis. After finish our communication class, we leave togather. It took around 10 minutes from Old Capital, and The restaurant is next to the Hamburger Inn No1, which is famous restaurant for pancake. The entrance is a little difficult to find because the shop is not so big. After we enter the restaurant, There are hunged big blackboard which is written a lot of menus. Most of menu are written by Arabic, so it was difficult to understand. However, there are some information of the menu where is the left side of the blackboard. After we decided the menu, we ordered at the check counter and go to find the seats. The table which is for two people are around 18th. The shop assistant bring to us after they cooked. In additon there are some free salad and many kinds of sauce which is good. We have to throw out the garbage after we finish, then we can leave. The restarant was very convenient, and you can ask for shop assistant easily if you have any quwstion, so please try it.


Comparer by Anwar

Last Friday, me, Bayan, Toshi and Eugene went to Oasis Falafel to have lunch. I order half falafel. Falafel is a ball shaped food that contains vegetables and spices that mixed together. It is eaten together with a wrap and dip with some mango sauce or tomato sauce. Compared to a meatball, I think Falafel is more delicious because their sauce is unique. The restaurant is a bit small compare to others restaurant at Iowa City, but the atmosphere is good. It's a good place to relax during the lunch hour. On the menu board, wee have a hard time to decide what we want to eat because the food name is mostly Arabic. The amount of food is quite a lot. We eat and share each others food until full. 


3 comments:

  1. the middle eastern food looks delicious! it's good to try something new, and i want to eat the deep fried ball!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice place to go for a meal, next time I will go with my friends , it is not far away

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to try some Arabic food!!!

    ReplyDelete